The Vermont Ethics Network website contains information and resources on advance directives, health care decision making, and current topics related to health care ethics, end-of-life care, palliative care and pain management.
News & Events
Physician Assisted Dying: Vermont Passes Patient Choice at the End of Life Bill (S.77)
On Monday, May 20, 2013 Vermont became one of only four states in the country that permit physicians to prescribe a lethal dose of medication to patients who have a terminal illness.Learn More About Physician Assisted Dying
Hospice and Palliative Care Council of Vermont – 22nd Annual Conference
Pediatrics to Geriatrics—Palliative and Hospice Care Across the Life Span June 6, 2013. 7:30-4:30
Lake Morey Resort and Conference Center
Download the Brochure for More Info
New Ethics Resource: Critical Access Hospital Ethics Committee Resource Guide
- May 20, 2013: Vermont Digger -- 'Death with Dignity' signed into law in Vermont, by Alicia Freese
- April 24, 2013: The Atlantic -- How Not to Die, by Jonathan Rauch
- February 14, 2013: The New York Times -- Afraid to Speak Up to Medical Power, by Pauline W. Chen, M.D.
- November 28, 2012: The New York Times -- Ignoring the Science on Mammograms, by David H. Newman, M.D.
- October 23, 2012: The Journal Sentinel -- The facts on end-of-life care programs, by Terri Schmidt
- October 7, 2012: The Root -- My Father's Beautiful Death, by Madison Gray
- October 7, 2012: The New York Times -- How to Die, by Bill Keller
- September 10, 2012: The New York Times -- Waste in the Health Care System
- August 28, 2012: Fierce Health IT -- Choosing Wisely Initiative a step forward in effort to curb unnecessary imaging, by Susan D. Hall